IMBH is proud to announce its first ever paid writing contest. Given our fondness for the season, the theme of this contest is horror. Through October 24, 2017, IMBH is accepting short, horror stories as part of its It Must Be Bone-Chilling competition.
The contest winner will receive $50 and publication on our Half-Baked page. Contest guidelines are listed below and general questions should be directed to email@example.com or our Facebook page.
How to Compete
- Like and follow the IMBH Facebook page
- Review guidelines, write, edit and submit
- Share with your friends and get excited
- All submissions will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject line, note that this is a contest submission, your name, and title of work. Examples:
- Horror Contest – “Something Scary Sounding” by Marvin Barry
- All documents will be in .doc format.
- Include your name, preferred email address and website/preferred social media account in the body of your email submission
- Include a short, 100 word, third-person bio in the body of your email submission.
- Lengths not to exceed 4,000 words
- Flash pieces are accepted
- One submission per person
- Previously unpublished work will be considered but prior publication details must be disclosed
- By submitting, you are claiming the work as your own, original creative work and giving IMBH permission to publish if selected as winner
- Winners to be announced on Halloween, October 31, 2017
Horror is subjective, and as a result, we are prepared to read entries spanning many different sub-genres of horror. Our only stipulation is that your entry is tasteful within the context of this theme. Stories depicting sexual, or overly-excessive violence against women and children will not be considered.